Your Favorite Author(s)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kh3fan02, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Kh3fan02 Guest

Who is your favorite author? I know in this section we normally write pieces we create ourselves, but let's break beyond it a little and discuss some literature that we've read. Give some reasons why you like the author so much..heck..you can even tell us some other ones you like alot.

My favorite author is Dean Koontz. I suppose you can compare him to Stephen King because of the type of genre he writes about...horror/fantasy/mystery. I just like the way he can capture your mind within the first chapter of his books. He always adds a twist into his stories of which changes every assumption of how you think it will end.

My favorite books of his are:

- The Odd Thomas trilogy (Odd Thomas, Forever Odd, and Brother Odd)
    - His take on Frankenstein (Book 1: Prodigal Son, Book 2: City of Night)
    - Midnight
    - Phantoms
    - and many more.

Other favorite authors of mine are Stephen King and his book Needful Things (loved the movie aswell), and then there is J.K. Rowling of which she is famous for the Harry Potter books...and quite a few more.

If you'd like, you can also tell us some of your other favorite writers...such as poets, drama (play), short stories, etc.
  2. Me (lol),Lemony Snicket and JK Rowling.Ya Digg?........................................
  3. Tyler Durden SSFW I and II Team Winner

Hmm. =33, I can't sayy. Really! ;OO, Rowling...Snicket...D; And others. *Kicks Pebble*
    O-O; Oh em Gee! Lol. (^w^); Omar just posted. Teehee. =OO, And we have the same authors!
    '<LUV DANNY NORIEGA AND THE HOUSE TEAM>'
  4. Kh3fan02 Guest

lol. Please tell us why you like the author. Don't write something like..."They write cool stories" or whatever.

Make it as if you were trying to persuade us to read something by the author..
  5. Roxas[Nobody] Fenrir Wielder

Darren Shan he ownz J.K even said he ownz
    troy cle that guy who made eragon hes kewl
    favorite book dont have one its to hard o wait Lake of Souls

omg lemony thats not his name but hes cool to
  6. Tyler Durden SSFW I and II Team Winner

Well. (^w^); Snicket uses humor. Lol. =DD, And he makkes meh laugh. Yesh. xDD; Like brocolli.
    =33, Teehee. Yesh? ;OO, And Rowling? Duh. (>w<); Harry Potter is a great plot. Complex...D; And soo simple.
    '<LUV DANNY NORIEGA AND THE HOUSE TEAM>'
  7. Axizol The Ostrich King

I enjoy a good Jim Butcher novel. He's an amazing writer - his style is so laid back and classy, it makes me feel like i'm reading real life. He writes in Surrealism, though, which is always a plus. He wrote (and still is) writing the Dresden Files, aswell as another set of novels in which the name escapes me.

I also like Paolini, I think his name is spelled. He wrote the Inheritance Trilogy (the thrid book comes out on September 20th of this year!). It's amazing how addicting these fantasy books are. They'll capture your heart in a story of how a boy was seperated from his parents at birth finds his way back into society as the first new rider in centuries. Great Series.
  8. Roxas[Nobody] Fenrir Wielder

yea i love wen he goez "Something along the lines of"
    i wrote a darren shan thing in april paper.

@mike yea Eragon is good
  9. DragoonKain Lazy Ass

I always enjoy Crichton books. The amount of research he puts into his books is exhaustive.

I used to be a big fan of Clive Cussler as well.
  10. RXS Designing Queen

i love james patterson more than any other author