Xenoblade Chronicles - JRPG OF THE DECADE - Universal Acclaim by 55 Critics

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Autosaver, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Autosaver Guardian Soul Wielder

[YOUTUBE]wGvolX7EJNc[/YOUTUBE]
    From the creator of the XenoSaga, Xenoblade is simply this generation's #1 RPG. It truly innovates the genre with its huge open world environments that come to life. Exclusive to Wii, this is a game you DO NOT want to miss. Buy it now and show your support, many publishers no longer want to publish these types of games in America due to the dwindling support.

Just watch the trailer. Your jaw will drop to the ground. Exploration has never been this wild in any JRPG before. And... this is done on the Wii?

With constant 10/10's by many reviewers and a 92/100 on Metacritic, you would be a fool to not try it out. Trust me, this game is a life changer.

Speaking of the game pulling you in, the soundtrack is FANTASTIC. Want to know one of the composers? Well, it is the same one from Kingdom Hearts! In fact, it sounds just like a music track ripped from Kingdom Hearts.
    [YOUTUBE]MUKzFYUGbg0[/YOUTUBE]

You there! Head over to Gamestop right now!
  2. Lady Schala Monochrome Wielder

I got to watch my brother play this game recently because we had a European version of the game. The soundtrack is indeed awesome, but also the game itself is amazing. It is the best RPG on the Wii to date, I think. The only reason (okay, not the only reason, but a big one I think) it came to America was because of a protest that happened on the Wii Shop Channel (it crashed when so many people bought a game at the same time to demand that Xenoblade Chronicles be localized to the U.S.) to show Nintendo just how much people wanted the game here in the U.S. I think that speaks for itself, and I recommend anyone who enjoys RPG's to check this out and buy a copy (Gamestop exclusive).

EDIT: And yes that song does sound very Kingdom Heartsish, but the entire soundtrack doesn't sound like KH. Yoko Shimomura is a very talented composer, I love her music.
  3. Autosaver Guardian Soul Wielder

LOL, none of that happened.

It just came over because Nintendo brought it over.
  4. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

honestly, I'd expect to see something like this on ps3. looks very good, insanely good. If I ever get a Wii, I'll look into this
  5. Lady Schala Monochrome Wielder

Okay, I can't find anything to prove what I said but I still think it happened, my brother told me about it and he's usually pretty knowledgeable about this sort of thing. But whether that happened or not doesn't change the fact that Nintendo didn't "just bring it over". There was a lot of controversy and fans that wanted the game brought over spammed people at Nintendo for a long time before it was finally announced that it was coming to the U.S. If the fans hadn't started asking for Xenoblade (and the other games included in the campaign) the game probably wouldn't have ever seen a U.S. release. The campaign even has a name. :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rainfall
  6. Autosaver Guardian Soul Wielder

Yeah, I know about Operation Rainfall. The only thing is that Nintendo said that Operation Rainfall had nothing to deal with the localization.

I'm guessing they were holding off the game for 2012 because there are no games out this year. Mario Party 9? No.
  7. Lady Schala Monochrome Wielder

That's possible, but I don't always trust what game companies say. I guess we'll never really know, but then again I suppose that it doesn't really matter in the end.
  8. animegrl7979 Lance Soldier

Omg Xenoblade for the win, this game is amazing its bringing back more of the feel for gears too. I was hoping for another saga but blade is not dissappointing at all ^^
  9. Autosaver Guardian Soul Wielder

THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER
    IT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE

OH MY GOD

EVERYTHING

IS DONE RIGHT

THE EQUIVALENT OF A MARIO GALAXY... FOR JRPG

OH GOD
    OH GOD

yeah, i'm waaay too excited.

This game, so many epic moments. Epic music. Epic Gameplay. Epic Characters. Epic EVERYTHING.
  10. John Review Team Co-Leader

I really wish it wasn't for the Wii though. I've been wanting to play it.