Wii U - 18th Nov |USA| 30th Nov |EU|

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mr. Heywood, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Mr. Heywood Site Staff | Review Team Leader

Comes with 2 SKUs.

The first SKU is $299 and it comes with the standard gamepad, charger and 8GB of Flash Memory. The second SKU is $349 and it comes with 32GB of Flash Memory, Nintendo Land and Nintendo Premium, which allows you to gain 10% on each digital purchase towards new digital purchases.

Bayonetta 2 is announced as exclusive.
    Super Mario Bros U is launch.
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is out next year for both 3DS and Wii U.

Consoles of the year all around!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42067516&postcount=1
  2. waitin4KH3 Ultima Weapon Wielder

Just got my "pre-order from us" e-mail from Gamestop. Admittedly, I don't know much about Wii U, but it seems like it could be a decent console; and much more appealing than the Wii with the gimmicky motion controls. Only downside I see is there aren't a bunch of exclusive titles in the launch window (til March 2013). I do see them getting some decent multi-console games (ME3, Darksiders 2, AC3), but I wouldn't buy for Wii when I have a PS3.

Is this thing backward compatible to Wii and/or GC? Too lazy to look it up.
  3. Mr. Heywood Site Staff | Review Team Leader

Backwards compatible with Wii games, but they took out GC comparability in the Wii revision and it's not supported in the Wii U. Apparently all the downloadable games you downloaded on the Wii like Virtual Console are transferable to the Wii U.
  4. waitin4KH3 Ultima Weapon Wielder

Not too bad. While there are some games for GC that I would like to pick up and be able to play, I can certainly live without it. I haven't had a Wii in nearly 3 years, maybe more, so the VC transfer is really irrelevant. Wii had some quality games that I never did get to play, so even if I grab this at release, I can pick up some of them to hold me over.
  5. Autosaver Guardian Soul Wielder

Bayonetta 2 is going to be a Wii U exclusive.

Anyone find it hilarious at the drama going towards the game? Death threats/insults toward the developers? Man, I wish these fans joined the Kingdom Hearts community. I'd love to see how well they will fit in. Every game is on a different platform.