What would you do if no new games were ever made?

Discussion in 'Other Video Games' started by Zombie Girl, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Zombie Girl Super Undead | Debate Champ | Editor

I read something earlier that made me think about how I would feel if the games industry totally collapsed and no new consoles or games were ever released.

So, imagine, if the only games that were ever to be released in the future were little iPod/phone games, or simple flash games on the internet. No new Kingdom Hearts/Assassin's Creed/Pokemon/any console or PC game. How would you feel? Don't worry about how the situation arose, just about what you would do if it did.

Personally, I wouldn't be happy, but I wouldn't be incredibly upset either. I mean there's a ridiculous number of existing games I've wanted to try but haven't got around to yet. Then again I don't play many games anymore and it takes me a long time to complete one, so I would never run out of choice.
  2. Mr. Heywood Site Staff | Review Team Leader

Ain't gonna happen. If worse come to worse, those titles will be on Onlive or on mobile platforms as iPad/iPhone... or even on a digital TV box where you can connect to a cloud server and play these games. Those kind of titles won't die, they will most likely flourish on the digital platforms that will be accessed by nearly every new gadget under the sun.

Now hypothetically, if it did happen, I'd... probably be upset in a way. Because the industry would become a battleground to get the best games on (and if we're going by the Angry Bird phase, most would try to throw out simple games and rake in the money). It would be bad for me because I would be forced between churning out soulless games for a quick pound or put my effort in and risk not making any money at all.
  3. R▲O MEELK GOD | Clan Boss - TKL

Play old games. ._.

I would be sad, and there's no way it'll happen unless society as a whole collapses, but I would find contentment until I got bored of games altogether and moved on to other things in life.
  4. Misuzu Super Usagi | Clan Co-Boss - TKL | Site Staff

^

I actually enjoy playing old Gamecube games and such more than new ones most of the time LOL.
  5. Rei Greeter | 私は

Tat would be pretty sad. But I would probably do what Obli said and play old games too.
  6. Solana Problem Sleuth | ENT Co-Leader

i'd lose weight.

on a srious note, My love for video games would die down. I wouldn't mind that all too much, actually. Just as long as I got my good ole Spyro games I'd be set for life. I'd just be upset that I couldn't expect any more games for Kingdom Hearts, AC, and the Elder Scrolls which would be a little upsetting. >:
  7. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

I don't need new games.

SKYRIM HAS UNLIMITED QUESTS I WILL PLAY IT FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER.
  8. Rei Greeter | 私は

Skyrimskyrimskyrim. But you got a point thar' I agree.
  9. Valamphias Ultima Weapon Wielder

Play old games, I guess. I'm kind of in that rut already, not having much money to spend. x3
  10. Looney Oathkeeper Wielder

I wouldn't be able to live :( Unless I kept playing my games over and over and revisiting my old games..