What won't you miss about the Saw movie series?

Discussion in 'Movie Mania' started by Cryoshell, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Cryoshell True Keyblade Wielder

I'm glad they decided to end the Saw series of movies. It was overrated, gory, vulgar, and a tad too predictable. What won't you miss about the series, and why?
  2. Lasci Fenrir Wielder

The whole damn thing.

Also, you should probably remember that movies and other forms of media belong here.
  3. Moved to the movie's section.

Though I enjoy Saw.. Which offers the good gore over most gore(y) movies, I think it's time to move on to some new sick film series. After about 3, they get a little old.
  4. Cryoshell True Keyblade Wielder

Yeah. It got old for me during Saw 3. I finaly just shut it off. ( I was watching the TV premeire. ) I mean, virtualy nothing changes.
  5. Kaoru Hitachiin Fenrir Wielder

Although I liked Saw when I sat down and had a marathon of them, I think they should have stopped after 3. It would have felt like a complete series. I think the only thing that kept Saw running for so many titles is that the horror film genre has a tradition of overstaying its welcome when it comes to franchises.

While Saw's plot was pretty unique for a low-budget horror flick, it outstayed it's welcome with 4 and the others because they just felt like dragging it along to maximize profits. But, then again, there are many other franchises that drag on too long that receive nothing but praise for it, but those are in different media, so it's best not to name them here.

Final Fantasy, Halo, God of War...
  6. Alexithymia <b><font color="#3366FF">Dragon Knight</font></b>

I come from a rather... 'twisted' family... followed by a psychotic group of friends.
    I remember the nights when myself and the crew used to crash at whoever's house in the crew was available, watching all the Saw movies untill 4 in the morning... :]
    I don't think I'll particularly miss anything, but the Angel Trap always brings a twisted grin to my face.
  7. Cryoshell True Keyblade Wielder

Same here. The only thing I will miss are the traps.
  8. Chaotic Ninja Hidden Dragon Wielder

They're ending it? Yes!
    I enjoyed the movies, but when they kept putting them out every year it just got boring. I remember when they got to Saw 6 and I said "Woah! There was a 5?". They put each movie out too quickly and too many times so we lost interest.

Though I will miss laughing at the dumb people that get caught in the traps. >:3
  9. Yoyo Mr. Captain America

@karou God of War has only 2 games to the series and a psp prequel. hardly over saturation.

About saw.... i guess the people dying sucky deaths
  10. About Saw, they actually signed a contract, and I don't remember for how many movies. Which is why the keep coming.