What do you enjoy most about Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by k1rk_hammett, Apr 10, 2012.

1. John Review Team Co-Leader

you own/owned half of that though
  2. Avarice True Keyblade Wielder

I own all of them except for a PSP. But that's not the point. Having to own half a dozen systems should NOT be a requirement for playing a series.
  3. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

At least not a series that's just ten years old.

Really, though, I think Nomura just wants to get the series out to as many people as possible, and to not have interest lost. I believe he once said that the reason for so many side stories is that he wanted to give the players something in-between 2 and 3, since 3 was taking so bloody long. But that was years ago, and then he just dug himself too deep plot-wise.

Which I don't think is a bad thing, it's so large and all over the place, I love piecing it together and then having plenty to speculate about. But it does leave several characters lacking in the development department, since so much time is devoted to this happening or that happening, and there's not a lot of time to leave for the characters actually growing from the events.

But many really have, Riku is a huge one. He started the series by doing whatever it takes to get to other worlds, but even throughout all of KH1 you can see how conflicted he is about his actions. Ventus went from being a scared little kid, to someone willing to put his heart on the line for the sake of light (even though much of that was through timeskips). As retarded as Terra is, by the end of BBS he realizes how little raw power means, despite being too late. I could go on, and have half a mind to, but I'm entirely removed from the original point.

I see your point, bro.
  4. Riku Bookmaster

YES AVARICE, Thats with all games though, thats whats
    so sucky, I wish kingdom hearts was just PS2,PS3 for all
    the games, no freaking psp.
  5. SoVen Bolt tower

What I enjoy in this game is kicking bad guy villian butt that you've been watching TV all your childhood for many years. ;)
  6. Riku Bookmaster

Lol, I was glad to beat the crap out of Maleficent, with her ugly pale wrinkly
    existence.
  7. Aikijitsu Shadow

The battle system, but more importantly, the epic story. KH wouldn't be half as good with a weak story.
  8. Riku Bookmaster

The battle system was surprising because Square Enix used
    to make turn based games, I didn't think it'd be that good.
  9. Nero Monochrome Wielder

The battle system (obviously. I think everyone likes it!), and the characters. I liked how they didn't make the organization XIII just random bad guys, but had them actually involved in the past, like in Birth by Sleep and all that. They actually have a past, y'know? The storyline is great too, without it I doubt it would have been as fun. I also like the boss battles, and how you can see your enemy's health, and the voices were pretty well chosen.

Gonna stop rambling now...
  10. darkhorseD Wyvern

How Xehanort's plan is so complex that it takes about 8 games (including KH3) for him to complete it. Also the fact that the story is awesome and very well written.