Twitchy's Comic Storytime [Batgirl][Hi-Res Images]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Twitchy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

I am starting a new weekly thing on Saturdays. I'm going to storytime comics. That is, I will be uploading comic scans, page by page. I'll be doing more than one issue, probably anywhere from three to six, maybe more if I'm really freaking bored. One week could be a bunch of one-off issues, maybe a small story arc from an ongoing, or maybe just a longer, one piece graphic novel. It depends entirely on what I feel like doing, or what's suggested to me. Never know. Me neither. As I'm typing this I don't know what I'm about to post.

But yeah, just some comics. There seems to be some interest about comics around here, and two people have told me this would be a cool idea and so I shall.

For anyone worried about the legality, fear not, it's in the same spot as our movie nights.

For today, I guess I'll present what is pretty much my favorite story. It's from Amazing Spider-Man, #539-543, "Back in Black". Just some quick background, it takes place shortly after the Civil War event, a time when heroes fought heroes over the Superhuman Registration Act, a bill that would require meta-humans to register with the U.S. government. All who did not register were to be hunted down and captured or killed. Spider-Man, in the end, opposed the bill, but not before initially supporting it and giving his secret identity as Peter Parker away to the whole world. Now, the Kingpin is hunting him down for personal revenge, and Aunt May has taken a bullet meant for him and is dying. Peter will do anything to save her - and get revenge.

Spoiler'd so the post isn't long as all get out. I'll post one issue at a time, you guys give me the cue to post the next one.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

To be continued with a double post because I can't do more than 20 images.

The 26 are being split half and half which is why there's only 13 here.

And here's the second half.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

You know what replies or no replies I'm gonna finish this story arc because YOU CAN'T STOP ME serious tho replies would be nice ;-;

Issue #540 Part 1

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Issue #540 Part 2

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Jess Admin

I've totally been reading, I'm sorry. ;-; thank you for this though <3

I've actually never read the Amazing Spider-man so this is a dream. I like it so far, & god the art is beaut.
  4. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Issue #541 Part 1

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The worst part of this whole thing is that the very next story arc retcons this whole thing. Pisses me off, this is the biggest development Peter has ever had. Though with art, you get some interesting stuff with ASM. The art changes almost every story arc from '08-current. Not really sure why, but I'm fine with it. The only downside is that every now and then you get a 26 year old Peter Parker who looks 17. Or like a bum.

Anyway, Issue #541 Part 2.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Issue #542. This one is by far my favorite issue from this arc, and probably my favorite single issue of any comic I've ever read.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Issue #543. The final issue for the story arc, but is it the final issue for storytime? Maybe. Idk.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

There you have it! If you want more comics for today, someone let me know, and please, talk about this story arc! What you thought was awesome, what you thought sucked, stuff like that.
  7. Delicious dιaвolιcal

holy jesus this is exactly why i should get into these comics i love this so much
  8. Willfosho Superman | willienub

Amazing, just like it's title.
  9. Zai Nobody Destroyer

Really interesting story. Does One More Day get made, or is that just the comic that they take back the series of events?
  10. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

One More Day is the next story arc. I won't be storytiming it, not anytime soon, but basically what happens is Peter runs around trying to find a way to help May. In the end, Mephisto is the only one that can, and his price is Peter's and MJ's marriage. Shockingly, MJ agrees, but under the condition that Peter's identity is a secret again. Mephisto agrees, and the world changes so that the two never married. It's kind of neat, though, because the two still had a relationship and a wedding date. Events were ever so slightly altered so that MJ decided last minute not too, and then yeah. I mean, almost 5 years since One More Day, and we've had a ton of great Spider stories (Ends of the Earth, another one where Spidey is a total badass), so I don't mind too much anymore but the fact that all of Peter's growth caused by events like this story was erased is still irritating.

ALSO HEY GUYS I'M GONNA STORYTIME THE KILLING JOKE HERE IN A BIT.