Suggestion That revamp thread that someone was going to make.

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Alex, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Alex Administrator

Tev, I would love if you would help build it up and revamp it again. Love it. But don't patronise me with the 'more than a new background' speech. I'm not an idiot. I understood what is needed to sort it out - and I put it to the public - if you want to make it work, make it work - I don't have the tools anymore. I'm happy to support those who do have the tools to do it.

Hit me with suggestions.

!!
    Jess and Axizol like this.
  2. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

By "more than a background" I was responding to your post on kh3.net as well as saying you I was over analyzing things over in this post. Trust me, if I was going to label you an idiot, I would. It's not below me to label someone an idiot if I believe they are. However, I don't believe you are one. I know that you know what needs to be done to revamp. If you didn't, I don't see any logical reason for you to even be posting here.

I also don't really see how I can suggest to you what to do if you don't have the tools to do it, or how you'd support it. Does that mean financially? Spiritually? I understand someone else runs the server, but what tools are you meaning you don't have? Assist me so I may assist you.
  3. Alex Administrator

I no longer have Photoshop or the various File transfer softwares I used to use on a daily basis. It's been AGES since I even used any of them and so am I fish out of water. When I refered to over analysis, I wans't just referring to you, but to everyone. I just don't see why people need to make such a fuss of things. If an admin or mod wants to make a new forum, big deal. They will do so. It changes nothing about this sites good points or its bad points (of which there are hundreds).
    Axizol likes this.
  4. John Review Team Co-Leader

I am currently in Graphic design for a major, so I am learning how to use some of this software, well atm I've only gotten used to Illustrator, I can help with the font for everything if need be. I do need to start up using photoshop cause my next photography class will be having us use digital cameras. So I'm willing to assist in anyway I can, Tev and I will talk about it.
    Axizol likes this.
  5. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

Most of us here have photoshop and file software isn't hard to come by. I myself still have FileZilla from when I built EnixHearts. The thing is, just because you yourself don't have the tools or the skill anymore doesn't mean that no one else does. The banner at EO was made by Paul afterall, that site was put together by the efforts of numerous people. You can still save this site if you want to Alex, it doesn't have to be all by yourself. If you don't have the file transfer software, someone else can transfer them someway for you. Just instruct them on what they need. It's 2013 mate, we got way better shit than 2007 did =P

We aren't really over analyzing the situation either. Yea, people will do what they please, but it doesn't change the fact that people do still care about what you created years ago. And they want to revamp it somehow, even if it means moving away from what attracted them to it in the first place. Some of us have better knowledge on what needs to be done, some of us have more sentimental knowledge on what needs to be done. If you really want to revamp this place, I will assist you how I can. But it will take time, it's not going to be an overnight process, and that's to anyone here that actually wants to revamp/preserve kh3.

I can suggest things to you all I want Alex, but do you have the time to do it? yourself? Or would you rather someone else do it while you continue on as owner?
    I will say though that if you chose to have someone else do that, it needs to be someone that knows what they're talking about, can handle the files, and has time for the site. A second or third root, I guess you can say. But it's up to you what you want to do. Like I said before, I'd be willing to help, I just need a way to help. A simple suggestion can only go so long if you don't have the tools.
  6. John Review Team Co-Leader

Alright, this will be the thread where we will throw in our suggestions and works and 2 cents about how we're going to do this. SOOOOYEAHHH Here's where my question comes in, are we changing the direction of KH3's focus or are we keeping it KH oriented?
    Axizol likes this.
  7. Axizol The Ostrich King

Did you want me to move all the posts to this thread as promised?
  8. John Review Team Co-Leader

That would be a start.
  9. Axizol The Ostrich King

Kay Order messed up because of when the posts were made, but here ya go.
  10. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

Keep in mind what I stated about theme and content and why kh3 fails compared to others. Root access to net and org will be needed. It's quite a large revamp, in my opinion. Don't worry about the order, michael.
    Misty likes this.