Splash of Reality, Issue 1 - "Have we found ET?"

Discussion in 'Forum Newspaper' started by Xatyrn, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Xatyrn SK Shepherd | KH3 Remnant

They used chemicals and synthetic DNA to make a bacterial organism.
    So, your last choice, pretty much. It was a few months ago, but there's a lot about it online if you're curious. ^_^
  2. wesonewee Guardian Soul Wielder

Yeah, just read a little bit about that, it's amazing- I never really think we're THAT advanced, I know Mankind is invanced, but when I hear about things like this, it's just amazing.
  3. Chevalier Salamander

Hmm, I did quite enjoy reading this little tidbit of knowledge. I find it quite intriguing that a small, simple celled organism can survive, replicate, and grow using an element that is toxic to humans. Good job Xatyrn, keep up the good work.
  4. Zombie Girl Super Undead | Debate Champ | Editor

Nice article Xatryn :3 Fairplay, things like this amaze me, it's just, unimaginable how small our own little planet is, and what's out there.

I mean, surviving without Phosphorus is astounding, I mean, it's the backbone of DNA. I can only imagine the codons, hmhmh.
  5. Xatyrn SK Shepherd | KH3 Remnant

Aww, thanks, guys. X3
    I'm glad some of you enjoyed this bit of scientific info. I know I found it interesting, but I thought it may have just been the nerdiness inside me taking over. XD
    Anyway, I agree, there's still so much out there we don't know. The discoveries will probably never cease. I'm looking forward to seeing where astrobiology studies will go now. ^_^