So are you liking all the hd collections out there?

Discussion in 'Other Video Games' started by Revenant, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Revenant Lance Soldier

You know, all those games in a series that companies are wrapping up in new graphics and packaging together to sell it to you twice, like the God of War, Metal Gear, and Devil May Cry collections? Do you guys find it to be worth your time to go through them again? Or would you say your money and time is better spent elsewhere?
  2. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

I'm actually really okay with this.

Now, personally, I wouldn't buy these collections if I already had one of the games in them. But these are being released at about 40$, right? Well, if I had a PS3, and saw the God of War collection at forty bucks, I might pick it up. I've never played either 1 or 2 (though I do have the PSP game). I'd probably nab the Metal Gear pack as well. These are just really neat ideas, and they're three games for 2/3 the price of one new game. It's just a fantastic deal for people who've never played those games.

But also, if I had them all and had already played them, no, I wouldn't buy them again for prettier graphics and trophies.
    Valamphias likes this.
  3. Revenant Lance Soldier

I think that there is just too much other good stuff currently out there and coming up that if you're some one with limited time or who wants to get around to as much of that as you can, there's no room for purchasing one of the bundles out there. I think they are better for players who never had the opportunity to play the originals, but i'm the kind of player who can't get around to playing a game twice, usually.
  4. Avarice True Keyblade Wielder

Everything Twat said.
  5. Bob 3000 Decisive Pumpkin Wielder

I love HD collections, I get to replay some of my all time favorite games in HD and with trophies (I'm a bit of a trophy skyrimskyrimskyrimskyrimskyrim :3). plus some HD collections come with cool little bonuses, the God of War collection has some making-of videos that were pretty awesome, the Sly Cooper collection had a few PS Move mini games that overall kinda sucked but were still fun for a little bit. Even though I already have it on ps2, I plan on getting the Jak collection soon and the Ratchet and Clank collection when it releases. Because, seeing those games in HD would be like, the best thing ever. Like fo' real.
  6. John Review Team Co-Leader

The HD collections are definitely worth the buy, I have the Metal Gear Solid collections, love them for the original but really love the remakes cause they have trophies. I do plan on getting the Devil May Cry collection and Final Fantasy X HD remake.
  7. Bob 3000 Decisive Pumpkin Wielder

I completely forgot about the Final Fantasy X remake, I can't wait for it to come out. =D
  8. Sain1846 Living Bone

I actually like that fact that they are releasing HD collections. Having sold most of my PS2 games, I was starting to get bored with what little of a library I had left. So when they started to release HD collections, my brain just yelled at me to get them.

I have the Sly Cooper and the Jak HD collections, and they are everything I enjoyed in the original games.
  9. John Review Team Co-Leader

What are you gonna get it for, PS3 or Vita? ooo don't forget about the Persona 4 remake for the vita
  10. Avarice True Keyblade Wielder

So much this. All of my PS2s (all three of them) broke within the last 2-3 years, and I got a PS3 late in the cycle, so no backwards compatibility for me. So being able to get the classics (in HD no less, cause I would've gotten them even without the upgrade) is amazing. Only have the God of War and Tomb Raider collections right now, but I've got quite a few on the list to purchase.

They just need to remake DQVIII and Rogue Galaxy (or give us a damn sequel >.>) and I'll be happy.