Sayings

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kingdomheartsjunkie, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Lasci Fenrir Wielder

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character, would you slow down? Or speed up?
    Makaze likes this.
  2. Makaze Gambler

Who said that? It's very good.
  3. Lasci Fenrir Wielder

Chuck Palahniuk, from Invisible Monsters.
    Makaze likes this.
  4. Lasci Fenrir Wielder

No matter what our achievements might be, we think well of ourselves only in rare moments. We need people to bear witness against our inner judge, who keeps book on our shortcomings and transgressions. We need people to convince us that we are not as bad as we think we are.
    Misty likes this.
  5. Makaze Gambler

There is danger in confirmation...
  6. Misty Fortune Teller

I am the happiest creature in the world. Perhaps other people have said so before, but not one with such justice. I am happier even than Jane; she only smiles, I laugh. Mr. Darcy sends you all the love in the world that he can spare from me. You are all to come to Pemberley at Christmas. Yours, &c.

IN CELEBRATION.
    Lasci likes this.
  7. Lasci Fenrir Wielder

He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God. So he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning-fork that had been struck upon a star. Then he kissed her. At his lips' touch she blossomed from him like a flower and the incarnation was complete.

Gatsby.
  8. Makaze Gambler

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good, and who are not accustomed to have it done to them. And work which one hopes may be of some use. Then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor. Such is my idea of happiness. And then, on top of all that, you for a mate, and children perhaps. What more can the heart of a man desire?
    Leo Tolstoy
  9. Misty Fortune Teller

What lips my lips have kissed, and where, and why,
    I have forgotten, and what arms have lain
    Under my head till morning; but the rain
    Is full of ghosts tonight, that tap and sigh
    Upon the glass and listen for reply,
    And in my heart there stirs a quiet pain
    For unremembered lads that not again
    Will turn to me at midnight with a cry.
    Thus in winter stands the lonely tree,
    Nor knows what birds have vanished one by one,
    Yet knows its boughs more silent than before:
    I cannot say what loves have come and gone,
    I only know that summer sang in me
    A little while, that in me sings no more.
    edna st. vincent millay, sonnet XLIII
  10. Lasci Fenrir Wielder

Read The Book Thief, people.