Question? Registration closed?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues' started by Zai, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Zai Nobody Destroyer

Sorry if there was an earlier thread on this, but I literally only just noticed that registration's been closed for about a month. Just curious, what's the intention of this?
  2. John Review Team Co-Leader

staff don't feel like deleting bots
  3. Misuzu Super Usagi | Clan Co-Boss - TKL | Site Staff

I delete bots on a daily basis, lol.

Someone else pointed this out a bit ago and I brought it up with the higher-ups and registration was re-opened. I have no idea why it's closed again, though. I'll make them aware of this, thanks for pointing it out.
  4. Zai Nobody Destroyer

Thanks.
  5. Jess Admin

I close it most nights because we get around 40 bots registering every hour. Registration is moderated, and this amount of bots registering clog up, making it very difficult to differentiate actual registrations with the bots. It is re-opened when I wake up, usually—though today I have been unable to. It has not been closed for a month.
  6. Zai Nobody Destroyer

Oh, alright. Thanks for the explanation.
  7. Venus Clan Mistress - NP

Gee. Were there always that many bots?

Since this newer forum anyway.
  8. Misuzu Super Usagi | Clan Co-Boss - TKL | Site Staff

Yes. Bitches be ruthless.

(banned four just now, actually)
  9. Misty Fortune Teller

Why not just force all new registrations to be manually approved? Seems like it would erase the headache of opening/re-opening registration... and you could always set a cron job to open & re-open for you, if you like doing it that way.

ierno just passing some musings along ignore me~
  10. Jess Admin

All registrations are currently manually approved. The issue actually lies in the awkwardness of xF—there is no "select all" option when it comes to moderating the newly registered users, so it takes a very long time to get through the hundreds of bots that we have to deal with, especially when we don't want to overlook any genuine new registrations. I've left it open and had to deal with at least 100 bots every day, that's more of a headache than closing/opening registration is. It's fine, though.