Literature Masterclass

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Miss Lockheart, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Yoyo Mr. Captain America

I have to say i'm pretty lame as i have yet to rad this in full. Anyways, it'll probably serve as a good warm up to my english class tomorrow. Maybe even wow the professor lol. Anyways thx ML.
  2. Miss Lockheart Administrator | Aesthetics Leader | Mother

You're welcome ^^

Anyone bothered about another installment? ;P
  3. Yoyo Mr. Captain America

I must be stupid on some level for having not posted that yes, I would so dearly care for another installment. It goes to show that your on a higher tier of a writer than I and hope that some of the lessons will rub off on me.
  4. Axizol The Ostrich King

Another Master Class will be extremely appreciated, indeed.
  5. Miss Lockheart Administrator | Aesthetics Leader | Mother

Oh wow I thought people had forgotten about this O.O

Of course I can whip something up, anything in particular you'd like to know?
  6. Axizol The Ostrich King

Of course not!

About syntax and diction would be great.

Either that or the importance of rhythm in poetry.

Also, I'm not sure how Nikki will feel about this, but I think it will be a good idea to post this in the Literature section publicly. We've got a ton of writers that aren't on the Team, and I think it would benefit them too. It's up to you, though.
  7. Zombie Girl Super Undead | Debate Champ | Editor

I too would also really like this, if possible!
  8. Miss Lockheart Administrator | Aesthetics Leader | Mother

Rhythm in poetry eh? As in pentameter and such? Hmmm I'll see what I can do...
  9. Lone Wolf Super Lupine | SSFW I, II & III Champion Team

Silly goose.

Rhythm isn't generally attributed to poetry. Although "meter" in poetry may be exchanged for rhythm, they're not the same. Meter tends to be the more numerical aspect of both, as it pertains to the issue of measuring the number of syllables in a line/stanza.

It might be just theology, but rhythm is better applied to music. Rhythm is a lot more about the actual expression and unless a poem is meant to be read out loud(what we call a song) rhythm is an excessive aspect.
  10. Axizol The Ostrich King

Sorry about that. My terminology is derived straight from music, so rhythm is generally what I go with. Meter is also used as a synonym for Time Signature, which is a guide for rhythm in music. So, you're pretty much correct. o-o;

Also, all poems are meant to be read outloud, it's just if you put a pitch to each note and have some back-up music, then it's a song. Sillay. <3