Kid Icarus: Uprising

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Tev, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

Please tell me at least someone other than me has picked up this game? I got it last week and have been playing it relentlessly when I have the time. Pretty much, it takes place 25 years (no kidding, it really does) after the original Kid Icarus game (who can guess when the last game came out? XD) with the return of Medusa, the Goddess of Darkness. Clearly, she wants revenge on both Pit and Palutena, the Goddess of Light, for defeating her 25 years prior.

The game is mission based, usually composing of 2 parts: Air Battle and Land Battle. Air battles are usually first, and last about 5 minutes, and deal with Palutena controlling Pit's flight (he can't fly on his own for whatever reason) and getting him to whatever location the Land battle mission takes place in. Land battle consists of you controlling Pit and navigating the level to get to the boss at the end. Many of these bosses are resurrected from the original game, and they even will note any changes (Thanatos will note that his name was previously Tanatos, and that he added in the H). The characters in the story will also speak to each other, constantly, adding in humor and a ton of Nintendo references (like when you face the first boss, some dog thing, Pit will shout out "wooo! We're gonna wrack up some serious Nintendogs trainer points!")

All in all, the game is great, full of fun and references that a lot of people would know, and even has dark points in the story (such as the part I'm at now, which I won't spoil).

Oh yea, and there is also online multiplayer. You can either play with friends, or with people around the world. There are 2 modes: Light vs Dark, and Free-for-All.

I don't think I need to explain what Free-for-All means >.>.. But in Light vs Dark, you are in a match with 6 people, 3 on 3. You have a team health gauge at the bottom and that depletes depending on the value of the weapon each person is holding. Higher values mean more team health lost if you die, but it also makes it easier to kill other players. When the health reaches 0, the last person to die will become either Pit or Dark Pit (with a random weapon and skills) and if that gauge depletes when either angel is on the field, the match ends.

Basically, go buy this game, it's awesome.
  2. Soralover223 Bond of Flame Wielder

Bought this game today and I love it :). Went online for the first time and I was on the Dark. I ended up being Dark Pit and gettin the highest score. Feel like a bit of a boss now !!
  3. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

lol I always try to get high scores, but doesnt always work. if you ever face a Roxas, it may be me. you can tell because I primarily use blades, claws and arms ;D
  4. Soralover223 Bond of Flame Wielder

Whats your friend code? We can play together then. You'll have to wait for me to finish this mission though :)
  5. Aikijitsu Shadow

I got it. I was only able to play 3 online matches. I fail to connect 99% of the time. (yet I have no problem with Mario Kart 7) Those 3 matches I felt like a bully. 3 of them vs. 1 of me and I was still holding up.

Still haven't beat the story mode yet. I'm taking my time. Hopefully online will be more reliable the next time I hop on.
  6. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

check your connection settings o.o it might have something to do with that. I have issue connection 100% with pokemon on my router, cant at all with Kid Icarus, but I have no issue whatsoever with my phone. Might also be a router setting.
  7. Sain1846 Living Bone

This game finally came in the mail yesterday after I have waited a week for it to get here. All I can say is...

Holy Sweet Baby Jesus.

I don't know how far in the story I am, but I think I'm a little past halfway. The story is great and I actually laugh at the conversations between Pit and Palutena (Although, Pandora has to be the funniest character so far for me).

Even though the story is awesome, I have been completely focusing my time on gathering and fusing weapons, trying to get the best possible. The weapon system is just so simple, and yet so complex!

I haven't gone online yet, but I will as soon as I finish the story line.

I really like how the menu is (Sooo similar to Super Smash Bros Brawl) and how I can easily get to all the extras in the game.

I can confidently say that I will be playing this for a while.
  8. Tev True Keyblade Wielder

By the time you finish the storyline, you should be pretty good at the online lol we can all have a competition 8D
  9. Lady Schala Monochrome Wielder

I just borrowed this game from my friend. Gonna start playing today. :)
  10. RoxasorSora Sorcerer

I beat this game about a month ago and while I really enjoyed it it kinda hurt my hand for some odd reason.