How would you think the gameplay would be?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by Riku, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Riku Bookmaster

Well, I know this question is obvious but, WhAt if Riku didn't turn to the darkness, and Sora had in order to steal the keyblade from Riku. Obviously Riku was originally the keyblade wielder, but stupid him had to say I'm not afraid of the darkness and poof, he lost the ability.

So what do you think if he didn't turn to the darkness, do you think his attacks would be different, different abilities and worlds, and like of course different keyblades. What do you think?
  2. lionsbarrage True Keyblade Wielder

really i think the persona of those characters would have to change a bit, and i think people woulnd like Riku as much. There is always a trend with people liking the antihero.

Riku didnt lose that keybalde just cause of those words, it was much more involved, with him AND sora.

but to answer your question its its impossible to answer. his fighting style would mostly be the same, how he fights and wields his keyblade, im sure would be unchanged.
    As for everything else its up to your mind to determine as it really doesnt matter except it just wouldnt be darkness, like his dark firaga. he did learn a reflect wall ability in Kh2.

Same for keyblades and worlds, it doesnt really seem to matter or make much difference. As your look at Terra Aqua and Ven they all recieved the same keyblades from the worlds, they only recieved unique ones do to specific plot purposes that dont associate with a disney world.
  3. John Review Team Co-Leader

I don't even know why this would come up as a question...but it's good to think outside the box.

No, his attack style prolly wouldn't change. Cause if you remember you fight him before the whole destiny islands going into darkness. As for his attributes, they'd prolly be more like Sora, with his affinity being towards the light.
  4. AnsemDiz Monochrome Wielder

Well. Same worlds. Same keyblades accept instead Sora would get Soul Eater and Way to Dawn and Riku would get Kingdom Key. Pretty much the roles would be reversed. Riku would be the people-pleasing guy and Sora would be the power-seeking guy.
  5. waitin4KH3 Ultima Weapon Wielder

Yeah they just need to swap the character design. If we are going back to the original KH, it's as simple as reversing the designs of the two, but then Riku wouldn't be 'Riku,' and Sora wouldn't be 'Sora.'
  6. Riku Bookmaster

Meh, nice speculation, But like birth by sleep they'd have the allies switched, like Ventus was friends with Peter and Terra was just an acquaintance,A matter a fact there would be alot of stuff switched around, Sora would've ended up being taken over but I think they'd change Way to the dawn and soul eater, Although Riku would of course have the kingdom key, he has a different personality so he'd have different styled keyblades.

I wonder if they'd add the command styles and the commands too,those were cool, especially Ghost charge, that'd go well with Riku.
  7. waitin4KH3 Ultima Weapon Wielder

As far as fighting styles changing, it wouldn't matter. Like John said above, Riku's fighting style was set before the events took place that started KH1. Nomura could have changed that if he wanted, so that Riku fought a similar way as Sora did, or he could have left it; but that isn't pre-determined based on the character's persona, it's only a gameplay element and nothing more.

As far as character personality and their interactions within worlds and with other characters, you are pigeon-holing the characters into the personalities that fit the roles. The 'hero' or protagonist for KH has to have the 'happy-go-lucky' personality (Sora), while the 'bad guy' or antogonist has to have the darker personality (Riku). If you try to change the roles without also swapping personalities, then it isn't KH and the story could never evolve the way it did.

Honestly, I don't know how you could even speculate that the story would progress if you had Sora involved from that angle requiring him to be a sort of 'villian' but still retaining his original persona. It doesn't work. You could recreate the game from Riku's angle and just put the player in the shoes of a character who isn't scared of bending the line between good and evil in order to reach his goals (saving Kairi at all costs). The only issue with that is how you would progress from the end of the game assuming all things remained similar to the progression through KH2. It would require Riku retaining his body and fighting out of the darkness in order to stop Xehanort's Heartless from claiming Kingdom Hearts. At that point, Sora becomes an insignificant character and isn't necessary in the least.
  8. Riku Bookmaster

It'd be fun to watch Riku unfold his personality if you played as him throughout the game, It would almost be like Final fantasy 7, because Cloud honestly to me had a bad guy personality but it eventually changed.
  9. waitin4KH3 Ultima Weapon Wielder

Cloud wasn't a bad guy, he was just a whiny emo; and that's one of the reasons the game suffers and is overrated.

As for Riku taking the lead in KH, it would be interesting, and could take the game in a much darker direction much earlier, but Disney would likely never sign on unless the lead character was a goody-two-shoes. Seriously, Sora's personality is absolutely grating at this point and annoys me to no end.
  10. John Review Team Co-Leader

Someone clearly didn't play Crisis Core. Honestly Cloud was like the farthest away from being bad, Aerith had more evil in her than cloud did.

Edit: Actually, I'm prolly wrong on that, Tifa had more of a Bad side than Cloud.