DDD How does the Dodge Roll work?

Discussion in 'Handheld Kingdom Hearts Titles' started by Autosaver, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Autosaver Guardian Soul Wielder

In previous Kingdom Hearts games, dodge would put you out of harms way and essentially let you dodge the attack. The exception was in Birth by Sleep. Dodge Rolling allowed to evade attacks completely, basically letting you be invincible as long as you kept mashing the square button.

How does it work in 3D? Did it go back similar to KH/358/Coded or is it BbS? It is developed by the makers of BbS so they could have reused the mechanic.
  2. John Review Team Co-Leader

No you are def not invincible when rolling....
  3. Noxty Rumbling Rose Wielder

I just enjoy the fact that this time you start with dodge roll you don't have to "learn" how to dodge roll cuz that always seemed silly to me but honestly dodge roll which is the Y button i believe is only there to serve the purpose of charging (approaching) the flow motion mode. sure you can use dodge roll to get away from the dream eaters but that's about it. some dream eaters like the kooma panda his spin punch curves in a way to track your position and is determined to hit you but can be easily dodged. It's all about whether you can see the attack coming, how many enemies are you up against, and what is your current position. I tend to use flow motion alot to dodge and attack.
  4. SoVen Bolt tower

The Dodge and roll of KH3D works because it's like playing a playstation controller or the PSP. In the 3DS, it uses the Y button to dodge and roll, the A button is for attack since this is a DS game. And the B button is for jump. X button is like the Triangle button in the playstation controller and in the PSP.