Game conole faults

Discussion in 'Other Video Games' started by BIG BEN, Apr 29, 2012.

1. BIG BEN Shadow

If u can reply almost all faults for PS3 WII XBox 360 or pc for one and see which one is most commented on
  2. X@ld!n Hidden Dragon Wielder

Screw the "Yellow Light of Death" - Mate never use Netflix on your PS3, you will burn out the RSX as that what I did - thankfully Arctic Silver 5 revived it.
  3. Kryp☭ik Clan Co-Leader SYN

The things I've encountered:

1. Freezing in the middle of a huge boss battle making you start from the beginning again. (all consoles)
    2. Major lagging in a PC game
    3. The wait time to join an online Assassin's Creed multiplayer game was terrible.
    4. Dead battery on a PC.
    5. Controller getting yanked out of the console for whatever reason.

Well I really can't think of anything else right now, but I might add on some stuff later on.
  4. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

1. That is usually, and I do stress usually, the software's fault. Often that kind of issue is more prevalent on PS3, though again, that's software. Multiplatform games usually are developed for 360, and then ported over to PS3 in time for release. This makes hardware compatibility issues on PS3 harder to spot before release. However, on AAA releases if such an issue exists, it's often patched within a week.

2. That is your PC/Internet speed. For offline gaming, it would definitely be PC. Your PC just isn't up to snuff for the game. I get a really low FPS playing Assassin's Creed 2 on my laptop, there is none on my desktop. For online gaming, it's probably the Internet connection and is never the fault of hardware, only software or internet speed.

3. That's the game. On any console. Really there just aren't that many people playing AC online and so it takes awhile to get 6 people for a game.

4. Um. Okay.

5. Well now that's just not fair, that can happen to anyone unless you're using a wireless controller.
  5. Zombie Girl Super Undead | Debate Champ | Editor

One time my Wii froze , just as I was approaching the end of the final dungeon in Majora's Mask. It's only frozen once, but oh my what a time to do it ;-;
    Also this is probably irrelevant for almost everyone but the BBC iPlayer on the Wii is pretty terrible, random error messages pop up when you try to select programs (yet they don't appear for others in the same series), sometimes the whole thing will refuse to load/freeze and I need to reset the console, plus everything plays horribly slowly.

And I'm going to throw in some problems I've had with various DSes because why not. The original DS had such fragile hinges, mine and my mum's were being held together by tape within months, and eventually the top screens of both just died. The same thing happened to my second DSLite (the first one died for no apparent reason, they were very cheap at this point so it was easier to get a new one), and I always had terrible problems with getting them online.
  6. Kryp☭ik Clan Co-Leader SYN

I'm just saying it's a fault, doesn't mean that it has to happen very often.
  7. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

While that's true, I believe the OP was looking more for console-specific faults. Such as the 360's Red Ring of Death back in the day.
  8. Kryp☭ik Clan Co-Leader SYN

Oh okay then.
    Not enough memory to support the game you want making you want to buy a better one with more memory?