Tournament! Euro 2012

Discussion in 'Media Section' started by Bekki, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Jess Admin

Ukraine / Sweden was so good; I underestimated Ukraine though, and now I have no doubt that Shevchenko will be running round us a little bit.

We played really well today, though, I'm happy with the draw. Instills some hope in me.
  2. John Review Team Co-Leader

Ha inb4 all you european people

ENGLAND BEATS SWEDEN!!!!!!
  3. Bekki Heartless Slayer

I'm glad we got the win, but unimpressed by what I saw for the majority of the game. Honestly thought we were going to lose when they got the second goal. We played shocking in some parts. Passing was awful. Walcott should have been on earlier, and well, the subs in general should have been done earlier. I think the England fans are jumping on the bad-wagon a bit too early for my liking. Yes, we won. But there's still one more vital game to go. This was Sweden ffs, not Spain. I don't mean to come across overly critical, but I've seen so many "OMG AWESOME GAME. WE CAN WIN THE TOURNAMENT WITH DISPLAYS LIKE THIS." tweets, and all I can do is lol. Hopefully we can get the right result against Ukraine.
  4. Jess Admin

http://stupidshitsaidattheeuros.tumblr.com/

bit of a laugh, commentators make me crack up.

Dunno about the England game tonight, I have faith in Rooney. Hopefully we'll do it, I want us to get through desperately.
  5. Cocaine Inexhaustive Poster

[youtube]GThnbpzIaVQ[/youtube]

wtffff

i felt bad for ukraine. they were playing so well.
  6. Bekki Heartless Slayer

Shame about that goal not given, however it happened to us in the last World Cup, so I guess what goes around comes around. lol though, at Sepp Blatter. He really does make his dislike towards England so apparent. Football really does need GLT, seriously, it's 2012.
  7. Jess Admin

I shed a single tear for the inevitable loss.

o penalties, why
  8. Bekki Heartless Slayer

Yes, I'm sad we had to exit on penalties, as I think it's the most heart-breaking way to leave. But at the end of the day, we weren't good enough. At all. We had a great start to the game and should have capitalised on that, but we didn't. After the Italians started growing in confidence, we shrunk back and looked pathetic. Great defending by England, but where TF was our attack? It was almost impossible to watch at times. But fair play to Italy. They deserved to win. Truthfully England got further than I first thought they would, so they surpassed my expectations at least.

John Terry and Ashley Cole -- players of the tournament for me. Flawless throughout.

Also can I just take this opportunity to say: Joe Hart is soooo fine, I'll miss seeing his perfect face tbh.

[IMG]
  9. John Review Team Co-Leader

He looked so confident that he was gonna block them shots...but he didnt :(
  10. Cocaine Inexhaustive Poster

pirlo was amazing