Comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Twitchy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Dion Clan God - Serenity Kingdom

I rest my case.
    :scarr:
  2. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

X-MEN SUCKS WILL DEAL WITH IT WHILE THE SPIDER FAMILY OF BOOKS IS AT THE TOP OF THEIR GAME AW YEAH
  3. Dion Clan God - Serenity Kingdom

I really like what they're doing with the Incredible Hulk. 8D
    The whole separation of Bruce Banner and Hulk and then Banner's consciousness taking form within the Hulk's mind again is intriguing.
  4. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

What.

I don't read Hulk, but that's neat. I know they're rustling his jimmies for the whole Marvel NOW! thing that they're doing, and he's gonna start at a fresh #1 with Indestructible Hulk. I'll probably start picking up Hulk then. But also I know that Red Hulk is gone? Or gonna be?

Really though Spider comics are super awesome right now. Pick up the new Venom, #23, started with a new Writer. Also, Scarlet Spider. Amazing stuff right there. Also also, starting in... October, I think, is Minimum Carnage, and that story starts at Scarlet #10 and then it back and forths with Venom for a bit.
  5. Willfosho Superman | willienub

I prefer Marvel shows/movies to their comics when it comes to Spiderman/X-Men. But I agree.
  6. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Minimum Carnage promo art:

[IMG]

Honestly most X-Men cartoons are better than the comics. I mean, big X-Men events are almost always incredibly awesome in every aspect, but the time between these awesome events is spent on just long drawls of wah mutants are oppressed waaaaaah. Though I loved that time when Scott just up and moved the rest of the mutants onto Paradise island. That was cool. The movies are okay. Two and Three were pretty bad, imo, same with Origins. First Class was awesome, though.

ALSO THE NEW ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN CARTOON SUCKS. Really I can't stand it. I mean, I can see the kid appeal, a ton of inner monologue jokes and whatnot, and I like that it has a lot of C and D list villains appearing, but really I just cannot stand the writing or the art for the life of me. I loved Spectacular Spider-Man, though, the cartoon that was cancelled in favor of Ultimate. Also 90's Spider-Man. Also Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends. But really I think the Spidey comics are by and large better than cartoons, and even then I think Amazing is the weakest of the Spider-Family (Amazing, Avenging, Ultimate, Scarlet, Venom). Though maybe I was just getting bored of Lizard.
  7. Willfosho Superman | willienub

I like it but I also like anything Man of Action does (Ben 10, Generator Rex). Idk I like that he has his own team and it's cool to see that aspect of Spiderman.
  8. Willfosho Superman | willienub

Double posting. Twitchy I bought the New X-Men and the um... Ultimate Spiderman collections 1-3, pretty cheap
  9. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty rad. My only real gripe is that villains never really show up twice except for Doc Ock and Green Goblin, and even then it's like one more time.
  10. Willfosho Superman | willienub

Yeah I'd imagine not. They need to get everyone some time on air.