Comics

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Twitchy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Because if Homestuck can be in the Literature section, so can traditional comic books. Look, we'll even keep all comics contained to one thread (cuz really, threads for each line, or even publisher, won't last).

I went into my local comic store for the first time ever today. I stood in the doorway for a solid full minute, it was so amazing. Comics and toys and trading cards and anything and everything comic related was everywhere. The only halfway organized part of the store was the wall of shelves, where the new comics of today stood in all of their glory. Everywhere else was a disorganized mess. Old comics, probably trades, took up every square inch of at least a dozen twenty dollar craft tables. Organized somewhat neatly into their cardboard boxes to be flipped through. Under every table and on top of half of them, huge cardboard boxes with dozens of old toys just tossed in. The newer toys were hanging on nails along the pillars and arches inside the store. Another wall, on the far side, for manga and figma and revoltech. I never thought I'd see those figures in stores. And in a dark, horribly messy corner, there were gunpla and play arts. I saw a Serah Play Arts, from FFXIII. Vanille as well.

Today I have discovered something glorious.

Oh also I picked up Venom #22, Scarlet Spider #8, and Spider-Men #4. Awesome comics, though Spider-Men has been really slow so far and only has one more issue to wrap up.

DION I KNOW YOU'RE GOING TO READ THIS SO YOU BETTER SAY SOMETHING.
  2. Freelance Fox KG's Imagineer | Forum Counselor

Good for you man. I mean I just recently got hardcore comics recently this past year and shit was so cash when I first went inside a few stores.

Deadpool just isnt the same since he lost his healing factor braw ;w;
    I've dabbled in Venom and read the dudes back story in regards to Spider Man. Though I'm still iffy on the Red Hulk.
    Mainly I've been focused on The X-men Vs The Avengers while reading into the Civil War. Starting to get into The Black Panther as well. (Kinda hope he's in the next Avenger Movie)
  3. Dion Clan God - Serenity Kingdom

That's just like the comic store my dad and I go to. :0 There's even a display case filled with 14'' figurines and it's always fascinating to see what's on display. And what's even greater, is that there's an Anime Store right beside the comic store. XD I haven't stepped in there yet, but I plan on doing so the next time I go.

The series I mostly read are Green Lantern, The Flash, Deadpool, Iron-Man (depending on how the plot is going), Spiderman, and a lot of other Marvel comics. xD

I actually find it more interesting now that Deadpool lost his healing factor. 8D IT MAKES ME CURIOUS AS TO WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT.
  4. Jess Admin

I like Batman comics, The Killing Joke in particular. I used to read lots of Batman but my brother TOOK THEM when he moved out & then lost them cry. The Killing Joke is mine though.

also I want to read the Sandman because I have been RECOMMENDED it & it looks haunting but money. Want to find a nice comic book shop.

(i am a total novice ignore me trying to be cool)
  5. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Venom has been really good in that it took a bunch of B and C list characters and made them more than jokes. That and the whole Flash dealing with alcoholism and his abusive father and all that. XvA has been fun, but not much more than that. I like that it's a crossover event, and it's going to bring in several #1's over the course of the next few months. I don't like how I have no damn clue when this event is taking place in the timeline. Like, when issue #12 hits, is that when all of the characters involved are going to catch up in their own individual comics? I've been reading ASM and it's just wrapping up a five-issue Lizard story, but in AvX Spidey's been doing WHATEVS. Idk. Crossover events get messy like that sometimes.

Also BP won't be. All of the Phase 2 films have been announced. If no one knows, Phase 2 will be Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and of course Avengers 2. Maybe BP in 2016, buddy. And for those that don't know, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, all Marvel Studios films thus far are Phase 1. Incredible Hulk (Norton Hulk), Iron Man 1/2, Thor, Captain America, and Avengers are Phase 1.

I can't like Batman ongoings. For whatever reason, I just can't get into them. But I loved all of the miniseries. Year One (For the whole Batfamily), Long Halloween, Killing Joke, love 'em. But I can't into Batman ongoing.
  6. Freelance Fox KG's Imagineer | Forum Counselor

I know about the upcoming announced movies. I'm talking about The Black Panther being in the Avengers 2. They could probably pull out the Vibraniom/Wakanda card easily. I'm just hoping some juicy things happen in the XvA. I'm loosely following it, so I don't know how Wolverine stands in the arrangement. I think he's pro Avengers. Idk I really havent been following Spidy all that much.

Something I'm really looking forward to is the Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe 4 part comic series coming out this month
  7. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

I don't think they could just pull that out of the hat like that, for BP. Especially since they did do some screenwriting, it just wasn't picked up. I fully expect him to have his own title in Phase 3. As for AvX, Wolverine stands with the Avengers. And while I did use Spidey for my example, it's the same issue among all individual titles involved. I think Uncanny X-Men and The Avengers are two titles tied into it, but stuff like Wolverine or Captain America or Iron Man have thus far given no reference to the events happening.

Also, dude, Deadpool Kills the MU had it's 2nd issue release today.
  8. Dion Clan God - Serenity Kingdom

They sometimes don't tie the individual comics into events. Simply because it would be weird to jump from the individual arc into that storyline, then go back to normal. >.> It's just how they do things.
  9. Willfosho Superman | willienub

I love the Green Arrow franchise. He's such an underrated superhero. I just purchased his New 52 comics and want to get caught up on the Justice League ones too!
  10. Dion Clan God - Serenity Kingdom

I don't find the Green Arrow that underrated in terms of DC Universe.