A Discussion Prior to an Execution

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Zai, Aug 9, 2013.

?

How do you feel about the situation?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2017.
I'm not really sure. I'm going to have to wait for some more input before I can sort my thoughts. 1 vote(s) 50.0%
I haven't really cared much, to be completely honest. It will sort itself out. It always does. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I deny that there is any situation at all. This is just the usual forum drama. Pop. 1 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Zai Nobody Destroyer

Alright, alright, I understand thing's have been getting a little tense lately, and it's partly my fault. I know I haven't exactly been active in the debates, just as I haven't for many incidents of drama on our forum, so you'd think, "How are you at fault, Zai? I think the most you've ever said in the threads about this was one 'lol'." But, you see, that's exactly why.

Me and people like me choosing to not get involved in the situation has only allowed it to get worse as time progressed. What could've been a consensus weeks, perhaps MONTHS, ago was instead the continued development of our problems. Back then, it wasn't even that bad, so no one worried about what would happen. No one said anything except for a select few, and even when those brought up their complaints they were either ignored or shrugged off. "We always have back-up plans," they said. "We can always fix it if it happens," they said. But, worst of all: "We're doing fine now. There's no need to talk about this. We'll cross that bridge when we get there, if we get there."

Slowly, but surely, the problem began to grow. It spread. Its first victim were the assorted forums dedicated to Kingdom Hearts. When it began happening, people acknowledged that it was a KH forum, after all, but were shocked to see just how right that statement became. Some reveled in the disease's conquest. They found satisfaction in it. It could be said that anyone, no matter how deep you have go to towards their interventricular septums, truly believed that the only purpose it would serve would be to make the general forums more unique (as if they weren't already). They didn't think it would spread. The administration of this website, even in the middle of it happening, did not believe it would spread.

But it did.

And so we're faced with the issue.

Our forum is filled. Let's be honest about this. We have no room for anything anymore. The general forums were fine for a while, but when the KH'ers found out, it all went horribly wrong.

I know I ignored the problem, and I've been a nonfactor in its discussion, but I think it's now time for something rash. I sound hypocritical by saying this since I've made this in general discussion, but I want some slight, final input here before we get into Forum Issues. But let it be known, this is truly an issue, and a big one.

Vote if you will, in this heretical poll, but a poll will not save us. Simple straw counts won't save anyone now. I want the rest of the forum to pitch into this discussion right now. All 18,902+ of our daily registered visitors. Hell, at this point, I'd even want the 40,000 hourly guests to pitch in, too. Anything to give some input. Anything to save this forum.

The release of Kingdom Hearts 8 will doom us if we do nothing. Join me, brothers, in saving us.
  2. Zai Nobody Destroyer

I wanted to add something because I felt the above was slightly incomplete. I haven't touched on the greatest point of all.

There are those who do as I have done; those who have given little input. Those who revel in their blissful ignorance or intellectual denial of this series of events. Whatever your reasons, I fully acknowledge that some of them, if not all, were once my own as well. I have not only understood how you felt but I continue to feel that which you understand. But there comes a time for reckoning, and today comes that time.

I know that those who are quiet feel as I do. They huddle into their own groups, but they are not what they appear. The silent are a compilation of one sense of justice, overlayed with many different perspectives and emotions and functions of thought. They are different, yes, but they share a commonality in the above. In the fact that they are a compilation.

The silent are, no, the silent IS one sleeping giant, awaiting to be given a kind of reaction from the world. They do not wait to react to the problems that plague those around them, including themselves; the problems that plague those around them wait to react to the silence. An odd point, but a valid one. It is as the saying goes. They took all of the people around you, but you remained silent for you were not what was looked for. You consider yourself elusive and intangible by being silent, but know that your silence is acknowledged. Your silence is compiled. And the problems that plague those around you? You will have another reaction for them, soon, when they give their final response to your silence by throwing themselves onto you. And then, it will be too late.

I motion to not wait for a reaction from our silence. Let us not have the fight be taken to us, but take the fight to the enemy! Let us give a true answer to the problems by moving towards them at one before they get a chance to finish us. Know that they already affect us, no matter how much you believe that they don't, but it is not too late. Whether you are quiet because you fear the problems and do not want to acknowledge them, whether you are quiet because you believe the problem doesn't affect you, whether you are quiet because you truly believe there is no problem, know that the problem will manipulate you and get the reaction out of you that it wished: a moment of helpless shouting before a sure demise.

But that demise will not come. We will defeat this overpopulation of our forum. Whatever the solution, may it be an expansion of the forum and its site staff or the creation of new forums entirely, we will solve our problems if we wake up as that giant. Remember that a giant, no matter how lumbering, is still a giant. We can save KH3.org. It does not have to be the pit of thousands of jumbled, uncooperative posts that it is today. We can create a coherence. We can find and establish a harmony. We can advance our community to the perfection that an AI would only dream of in the midst of its ponderings of electric sheep, while even keeping all of the passion of character and flavors of personality that we had from our past dysfunction.

The silent agree with my opinion, but they hesitate. But no more.

Today, we need those who hesitate to join those who are more direct. We need to bring finality to this issue by bringing about a solution. The slow and over-analyzing have been prophesied to join the rash and charismatic and so they shall, for the day has come.

Today is that day.

We will end this problem, if we work together. All 98,000+ of us (in terms of weekly-active user data). There is nothing that a unified effort has ever been able to stop before (apart from that one incident where an ancient cybernetic intelligence wiped us out even after we had crocodile-like things join our war effort, but frankly I blame that event on plot devices).

Inactivity is what we strive for. Inactivity can be what we can accomplish, and you know what? It will be what we accomplish, too.

Post your input and then log off today to start helping the cause and showing that you care!
  3. Misty Fortune Teller

The best way to solve a problem is to first define it, think of solutions, choose what seems to be the best one, then implement it. If it works, great. If it doesn't, try another solution. You continue until a solution works, or until you give up. I'm not really familiar with what goes on behind the scenes of this site but I'm going to assume you're referring to the activity here being at a standstill. You already know that people care about the site, because there are still people who log in every few days and see if anything is going on, if not try to create some activity. Those people will make themselves known as you brainstorm for solutions and choose which one to try first. There will be people who read what you're doing and do nothing about it, and that's okay. That's how it goes with websites. But they're still a reader who obviously has not found anything to object to.

Vague rhetoric isn't going to accomplish anything here. Doing something will. It seems like there's been at least three of these "we have to do something," "who wants to help out" threads. It's time to define why there's no activity here and what you can do to fix it.
  4. Bob 3000 Decisive Pumpkin Wielder

HERE'S AN IDEA:

Instead of trying to save a forum with a douche site owner who is only interested in making money, Why not just go to a much BETTER forum with a site owner who cares about the community and input of it's members?

http://www.enixorigin.com/forum/

And Seriously guys, I'm not trying to sound like an ass here. But you need to accept that this forum is dead and just move on.
  5. Blade Gargoyle Warrior

No offense but you wasted your time making that long post, I didn't bother finishing it because there is no chance this play will be revived. The news of Kingdom Hearts 3 didn't really help this site now did it?

This place is dead, stop pretending it can magically be good and active again.
    Bob 3000 likes this.
  6. Dylan? Nobody Destroyer

I have a hard time figuring out what compels people to type in one internet domain over another and meet there. If people seriously just picked up and moved themselves and the topics they discuss here, it would be active again, with the same being true if EO were the dead one.

it's so weird lol

also nice thread zai.
    Bob 3000 likes this.