A challenge, for Writers.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jess, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Jess Admin

Here are some words. This is a challenge.

Use some / all / them to write something. Pluck them — I think it could be fun. Poetry or prose encompassing one single word or perhaps borrowing many.

corpse. further. jukebox. road. pale. books. tube. battery. silver. tremble. omnibus. lightness. spoonful. dust. product. wax. generation. one. waltz. ego. limber. ice. moons. formal. legion. tip. tamper. burst. ellipsis. travel. hanger. glass. gasoline. compound. fjord. monochromatic. elephant. traces. rampant. width. kerosene. route.

( totally not even sure how anyone is going to respond to this but if you do write something post a link to it here )
  2. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Well this is interesting. I'll toss these words around in my head today and see if anything comes to mind as I go about my day.
  3. Valamphias Ultima Weapon Wielder

I'll aim to use all of them somehow. Challenge Accepted.
  4. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

That's actually my plan, too. We're just going to go rampant with this, aren't we?

BAM.
  5. Valamphias Ultima Weapon Wielder

Let us.... unleash these words onto the masses. Let's become mighty with our words, Twitchy. Like nothing any of these mere mortals have seen before.

I'm actually going to go ahead and throw out the link of where mine will be. It's a work in progress. Watch me write? Woo? I don't know what I'm doing.
    Jess likes this.
  6. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

I'll keep a tab open with it.

I'm just gonna keep mine in my mind until it flows majestically from the my brain to my fingers to my keyboard to the post.
  7. Avarice True Keyblade Wielder

I love the fact that ellipsis and monochromatic are on there. xD Will try later today if I have time after fangasming over SAO.
  8. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller

Question. Am I allowed to use different forms of these words? For example, traveled instead of travel. Elephants in lieu of elephant.
  9. Jess Admin

I'll say yes, as I don't like to limit the creativity, but try to keep them in the original form if you can.
  10. Twitchy Super Moderator | Hub Team Co-Leader | Storyteller